Tech Skills Shortage
The writing’s been on the wall for a while, Bristol is booming with startups and great innovators, but who’s going to be implementing the solutions?
Here at Women’s Tech Jobs we believe that rather than getting frustrated and panicking over the lack of ready hires, we need to look at the talent pipeline. In the time it takes you to find an experienced hire (costing you more than you can afford with salaries soaring) you would be better off putting your money into future skilling and ensuring a constant pipeline of talent. Creating an environment where you have a great culture, supportive career progression and an open mindset will ensure that you have a workforce ready to grow with you and support the company. Its either that or lots of money and patience…
We work with companies to support them with both experienced hires whilst building a talent pipeline for the future with trusted training partners. We also upskill and provide free training around soft skills and support our candidates with mentoring and coaching.
Here’s some useful reading on the skills shortage we’re currently facing ….
- TechNation report on the skills shortage Digital skills shortage
- TotalJobs on how many people are expecting a skills shortage Skills shortage
- Recruitment international on innovation threats skills shortage threatens uks potential in tech and innovation
- Computer weekly IT skills shortage still tops the technology agenda
- Institute of Engineering and Technology 2017 IET skills survey
- United Kingdom Electronic Skills Foundation https://www.ukesf.org/skills-special